Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Blogs

Blogs are very helpful in education. I just recently learned about their use in education this year in my Learning Through Technology class. Requiring students to maintain a blog and have a certain number of entries is a great way to check up that they are learning and understanding the material. Teachers require students to reflect on what they have learned, so they can assess what the student is actually learning and what they are getting out of the lessons. It is also helpful because when teaching about controversial topics the teacher can learn and understand the students viewpoint and how they feel about the subject. Blogs are very beneficial to use in the classroom for all of these reasons. From experience, as a student, blogs are enjoyable, not demanding, as many other forms of schoolwork are. Writing in my blog didnt seem as much of a task as it did an opportunity to express my own opinions and write my own thoughts down.

No comments: