Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Virtual Classrooms

Recently my Learning Through Technology teacher introduced me to a virtual classroom. It was very interesting. I had never heard of such a thing before. Students in a class all log into the same program (elluminate) and are connected in a "classroom" online no matter where they are. It is a very interesting concept and is very convenient. Instead of walking to a classroom to meet, we were meeting with eachother from the comfort of our own rooms. The teacher was able to talk to us through a micrphone, and able to present a powerpoint presentation to us that he had prepared. It was a very rewarding experience and I am very glad that I was introduced to this. I feel it is beneficial and helpful to students. It is a perfect example of technology making our lives easier.

No comments: