Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cell Phones

Cell phones are little pieces of technology that make a big impact on the lives of the people that use them (which is mostly everyone). Cell phones have become a necessity for many people throughout the world. It makes keeping in touch with family and friends, even business associates, much easier. Todays phones not only make phone calls, but store information, take pictures access the internet. Personally, I can't imagine living without a cell phone. One of the main reasons I like my cell phone is the safety factor. I like knowing that wherever I go, I am able to call someone for help if I need it. For esample, driving alone at night. If something happens to my car, I am able to call my parents right away for help, instead of being stranded alone on the side of the road in the dark. Cell phones have come a long way in recent years. They used to be very bulky, heavy, very expensive and some even required a base unit that had to be transported with the phone. They were more of a nuisance than helpful. Now, however, many can fit in the palm of your hand, and prices on phones have come down. Service reception has also improved. Finding a reliable service provider is no longer much of an issue. Cell phone reception has become reliable and of high quality due to advances in wireless technology. It is amazing to know of all the applications and accessories that come with cell phones. This is the reason that the prices of them vary so much. They can range from very inexpensive to over one thousand dollars. There are many options available. Some people just use their phones to make phone calls and send text messages, as I do. Some other people use their cell phones as a personal computer, storing information, important dates to remember, pictures, videos, and more. Over the past decade cell phone use has increased greatly and now, in 2007, have become very important in peoples lives. They have become almost a necessity to everyone, myself included. I use my cellphone throughout the entire day, many times. Granted, I just use it to text message and call my family and friends, it is used very often. It is strange, to me, to imagine life without a cell phone because of the time during which I have grown up.

No comments: